- This event has passed.
Wickford Art launches the CELEBRITY ART SHOW & AUCTION
July 31 EDT
An event every week that begins at 12:00 pm on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until August 1, 2021
With an in-gallery exhibit beginning July 16, 2021, the Wickford Art Association (WAA) is presenting our first Celebrity Art Show & Auction. Featuring 21 artworks by celebrities and influencers across Rhode Island media, business, politics and the arts, WAA offers an open-to-the-public exhibit through August 1 PLUS a week-long auction of these works begins Friday, July 23 (noon) through Friday, July 30 (noon). Auction proceeds will benefit organizations across the state of Rhode Island and beyond!
While 50% of auction bids will be directed toward Wickford Art’s continued COVID-19 recovery and facility improvements, each celebrity was given the opportunity to direct the other 50% to another charity of their choosing.
Participating Celebrities & Influencers include:
- From WJAR/NBC10:
- Kelly Bates – supporting WAA & The Keri Anne O’Donnell Memorial Fund
- Alison Bologna – supporting WAA & Shri Service Corps
- Lindsay Iadeluca – supporting WAA & Leukemia/Lymphoma Society of RI
- From Ginger Green Financial/NK Town Council: Mary Brimer – supporting Wickford Art Association
- From Centreville Bank: Krystal Collins – supporting WAA & House Rabbit Connection
- Hollywood Writer/Director: Michael Corrente – supporting WAA & Providence Animal Rescue League
- From D’Ambra Construction: Artist Pat D’Ambra – supporting WAA & Lyme Newport
- From Gannon & Scott: Dave Deuel – supporting WAA & The Autism Project
- From WPRO Talk Radio: Tara Granahan – supporting WAA & The Exeter Animal Shelter
- From Ocean State Follies: Host & Artist Charlie Hall – supporting WAA & New Urban Arts
- From WPRI/CBS12:
- Shannon Hegy – supporting WAA & The Izzy Foundation
- Kim Kalunian – supporting WAA & The Keri Anne O’Donnell Memorial Fund
- Danielle North – supporting WAA & The Autism Project
- From WPRI/The Rhode Show: Brendan Kirby – supporting WAA & Metallica’s All Within My Hands Foundation
- Actor & Artist: Eric Lutes – supporting WAA & Courthouse Center for the Arts
- USOA Miss Rhode Island: Kelsey Taylor – supporting WAA & Mission 22
- Restauranteur & Artist: Anthony Tomaselli – supporting Wickford Art Association
- From NK Chamber of Commerce: Kristin Urbach – supporting Wickford Art Association
Watch @wickfordartassociation on Facebook as live-streamed and pre-recorded interviews hosted by Charlie Hall with the celebrities/influencers start Friday evening 7/16, while bidding goes live one-week later on 7/23 at noon. Bids can be submitted in-gallery/in-person, by phone, or online using a form on the event webpage: wickfordart.org/news/celebrity-art-show-auction
On Aug. 1 (4-6 p.m.), representatives from benefitting charities will join us at Wickford Art for a live-streamed Closing Event hosted by Charlie Hall; a reception will be provided, winning bids will be announced, and donations to charities revealed.
Participating celebrities/influencers and their artwork will also be individually featured through Wickford Art Association’s social media feeds on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Find us @wickfordartassociation (Facebook), @wickfordart (Instagram & Twitter).
For more information on individual exhibits or programs, please contact us, or visit wickfordart.org. All programming is subject to change; in-gallery hours are (Wednesday through Saturday: noon to 4 p.m., Sunday: noon to 3 p.m.) at WAA’s beach-front home: 36 Beach Street, North Kingstown, RI 02852.
The Wickford Art Association is a non-profit organization with approximately 475 members from Rhode Island and across New England. The association hosts art exhibits, classes, lectures, and workshops in its North Kingstown gallery and has produced the summertime Wickford Art Festival since 1962. Wickford Art Association is dedicated to educating, encouraging and inspiring artists and art lovers throughout the community. For more information, (401) 294-6840 or visit wickfordart.org