With black-and-white photography, it’s not all black and white. It’s vintage but timeless, simple but dramatic and despite its limited palette, highly impactful.
By removing the distraction of colors and instead focusing on light, shadows and contrast, black-and white-photos can often feel more commanding and expressive.
Thank You for Participating! (Session Closed)
Browse through the photos we received for the November/December black-and-white Photo Session in the slideshow below, and don’t forget to check our social media channels, where we will be sharing some of our favorites. Select photos may also appear in an upcoming issue of Your AAA magazine.
Inspired? Check out these tips on how to shoot in black and white from Adobe.
Check out past AAA Photo Sessions and stay tuned for the next one.
If you’re in the market for new camera gear, shop our Amazon storefront.
- 5 Iconic American Road Trips
- 102 National Park Attractions: America’s Most Awe-Inspiring Natural Wonders and Historic Monuments
- 64 Must-See Sights in Europe: And How to Book the Ultimate European Vacation
- Nail Your Next Ocean Cruise: The Definitive Guide to Planning and Enjoying a Vacation at Sea
- Fun Places to Visit in the Northeast: 202 Road Trips from New York and Boston
SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR AAA NEWSLETTER
Sign up and receive updates for all of the latest articles on automotive, travel, money, lifestyle and so much more!
AAA Photo Session: Your First Car
Share your best photo of this session’s theme.Read More
AAA Photo Session: Close-Up
Check out the photos our readers submitted for the January/February close-up theme.Read More
AAA Photo Session: National Parks
See the results of our monthly photo assignment!Read More