Have you ever wanted to sleep encased in a room of ice with the temperature hovering at a frosty 20 degrees?
No? Same. But for those of you who do, you’ll be happy to know that from now through April 11, the Icehotel Sweden is offering up 18 specially designed Art Suites, where you can spend the night swaddled in subzero sleeping bags and surrounded by crystalline ice art designed by artists from around the globe.
For the past 30 years, the Icehotel – located in the village of Jukkasjärvi, 125 miles above the Arctic Circle – has catered to guests who crave cold adventure with two hotels, a restaurant, an ice bar, spa facilities and outdoor activities like snowmobiling and sled dog rides. There’s even a year-round hotel with cold and warm rooms for those (me!) who want a more traditional vacation experience.
View this post on Instagram
For those who can’t visit right now – which, honestly, is most of us – check out our gallery or visit the Icehotel’s Instagram account, where you can check out the Art Suites with the help of some enhanced AI.
Craving your own Scandinavian getaway? Check out our new Complete Scandinavia tour!
- 5 Iconic American Road Trips
- 102 National Park Attractions: America’s Most Awe-Inspiring Natural Wonders and Historic Monuments
- 64 Must-See Sights in Europe: And How to Book the Ultimate European Vacation
- Nail Your Next Ocean Cruise: The Definitive Guide to Planning and Enjoying a Vacation at Sea
- Fun Places to Visit in the Northeast: 202 Road Trips from New York and Boston
SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR AAA NEWSLETTER
Sign up and receive updates for all of the latest articles on automotive, travel, money, lifestyle and so much more!
The hotel that’s hosting is a key detail when tying the knot away from home.Read More
Take in the scenery, sip on a frozen drink and do nothing but enjoy these dreamy AAA Five Diamond resorts.Read More