Disney magic isn’t limited to movies or theme parks.
Disney Cruise Lines has been delivering unforgettable family experiences on the high seas since 1998. In celebration of Disney Month, here are some interesting facts about the line.
• Disney has four ships – Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
• It was the first cruise line to launch fireworks at sea.
• Port Canaveral, in Florida, is Disney’s homeport. The line also sails from New York.
• While many cruise ship lifeboats are orange, Disney’s are yellow, in keeping with Mickey Mouse’s color palette. The U.S. Coast Guard gave special permission to use the color.
• Disney ships visit the Caribbean, the Bahamas, Europe, Alaska and other destinations.
• Many Disney cruises visit Castaway Cay, a private island in the Bahamas. Guests enjoy character greetings, water sports, slides, beach volleyball and more.
• Guests can train with “Star Wars” heroes on the Fantasy and take in live performances of “Frozen, a Musical Spectacular” on the Wonder.
• Tinkerbell, the famed animated fairy, is godmother of the Wonder.
• Disney movies are often shown on ships the same day they premiere in theaters.
AAA members get great prices and benefits on Disney Cruises. Get a quote and book your voyage with AAA Travel.