We took a tally of AAA Northeast charitable works in the community in 2021, and the numbers speak volumes. Literally.
Whether it was delivering Meals on Wheels, conducting a food or warm-clothing drive, or donating to community organizations, the charitable actions of the last year spotlight just how much AAA members and employees truly care.
Here’s the year that was, by the numbers:
- 8,564 items of warm clothing donated by members and employees in our branches during a monthlong warm-clothing drive in December. The Wayne, N.J., branch collected 442 items, the most across the AAA Northeast territory. Branches will distribute the items to local organizations helping those in need.
- 8,360 food items collected by branches in last year’s summer food drive, thanks to the generosity of members.
- 4,000-plus food items collected by branches in last year’s spring food drive.
- 2,300-plus volunteer time off hours used by AAA employees.
- $10,000-plus in matching gifts for individual employee donations to charitable organizations.
- $575,000 donated to community organizations by employee charitable giving committees on behalf of the club.
- 163 organizations supported by employee charitable giving committees.
- $20,000 donated by the club to local food banks on behalf of employees for their efforts in the Stepping Up for Hunger Challenge.
- 50 employees delivered for Meals on Wheels in Rhode Island.
- 15 employees recognized by colleagues in April for “making a difference.”
- 2,500 greeting cards sent by employees to people living in local care facilities in February.
- 1,026 care packages, 5,000 free membership vouchers and messages of appreciation delivered to health care workers on National Random Acts of Kindness Day in February.
And, that’s just to name a few.
Visit AAA.com/AAACares to find out about upcoming charitable activities in our branches.