1. Decluttering a house helps no matter its age.
2. A fresh coat of paint – interior and, if applicable, exterior – can do wonders. Stick with neutral colors for the widest appeal.
3. New carpet can make an impact, and it doesn’t have to be costly.
4. Think about updating lighting fixtures and replacing or fixing cracked or squeaky interior doors.
5. New appliances help, too. Fingerprint-resistant stainless steel is a popular option. Be careful with a full kitchen or bathroom remodel, however. Homeowners don’t typically recover everything they put into them.
6. Spruce up your landscaping and, if your budget allows, get the roof in the best shape possible.
–Louis Alfaia, AAA Northeast mortgage consultant and a licensed real estate professional
Read about easy ways to stage your home for potential buyers.
AAA Financial Services offers a wide variety of programs and products to help you make the most out of your money.