What does financial literacy mean?
The definition of financial literacy can vary a bit depending on the source, but it almost always centers on having the skills and knowledge necessary to make informed decisions regarding your financial resources. For the average consumer, knowing how to maintain a balanced checking account and understanding interest, credit ratings and loan terms are foundational elements of financial literacy. Consumers should also strive to ensure they are financially literate regarding their retirements, ensuring they have plans for the future and are aware how those plans are being managed.
— Shaun McGee, vice president of financial services, AAA Northeast
The AAA Deposit Program has a variety of products to help financially literate folks like you make the most of your money. Click here for more.
Expand your financial literacy by reading more about savings accounts, then leave us a comment about how you fill the piggy bank.
Table Of Contents
- Your Travel
- Pets and Vacation Planning: Should They Stay or Should They Go?
- Vermont is for Animal Lovers
- Tips for Taking a Car Ride With Your Critters
- Mix Food and Play With These Purr-fect Pet Toys
- Dog-Friendly Beach Vacations in the Northeast
- Be Prepared for Pet Emergencies While on Vacation
- Make a Healthy Atmosphere for Your Animals
- Your Membership
- Your Money
- Back to School
- Auto Safety
- AAA in the Community
- My First Car
- From the President’s Desk
- Healthy Living
- Test Drive
- Enjoy the End of Summer in the Pocono Mountains
- When Should You Replace Your Heating System?
- Top 5 Waterfront Foliage Views in the Northeast
- Before You Rent a Car, Know Your Refueling Options
- Turn Your Hotel Room Into the Perfect Vacation Hub
- 8 Superfoods That Can Boost Your Health and Help You Live a Longer and Happier Life
- Where to Eat in US National Parks
SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR AAA NEWSLETTER
Sign up and receive updates for all of the latest articles on automotive, travel, money, lifestyle and so much more!
Practical gifts to help newly-minted alumni get started on the right track financially.Read More
Choosing a financial advisor is a major decision that can determine your financial trajectory for years to come.Read More