It’s common to feel blue about leaving your dog or cat behind on vacation. But what if your furry family member could come along? The good news is that many national hotel brands now welcome pets, including more than 1,200 Best Western properties throughout the US.
Where to Find Pet-Friendly Lodging
Before choosing a hotel for you and your four-legged companions, it’s essential to consider which animals are welcome. Hundreds of Best Western properties welcome dogs, but many also open their doors to cats, birds and other small pets. When in doubt, call and ask the hotel directly about their pet policy.
When you’re ready, book online or through a AAA travel advisor. Saving on hotel stays is one of the top benefits consistently noted by AAA members.
Once you’ve confirmed that your hotel is pet-friendly, look into the perks available for your furry friend. Common pet-friendly amenities include:
- Green spaces to walk your pet.
- Dog treats.
- Doggie waste stations.
- Recommendations for pet-friendly parks and pet-friendly restaurants in the area.
Pet Travel Tips
Here are just a few tips to make you and your four-legged companion comfortable and happy throughout your stay.
- Pack thoughtfully. Remember, you’re packing for yourself and Fido or Fluffy. You’ll need eating and drinking bowls, a pooper scooper, plastic bags, a collar and special treats or toys to help your pet feel at home.
- Get some fresh air. Dogs especially need exercise after long travel days. Why not take your furry friend on a long walk to scope the property after arrival?
- Create a comfortable sleeping space. Whether you bring a well-loved blanket from home or use one of the new pet blankets provided by some Best Western properties, your pet will appreciate a cozy corner for napping or nighttime snoozing.
Take advantage of your discounted AAA member rate and any available special promotions at Best Western-branded properties across North America. Book now.