AAA has unveiled its Five Diamond list for 2020, with a local establishment – the Boston Harbor Hotel – making the list for the first time.
Made up of just 119 hotels and 67 restaurants, this exclusive group represents the best of AAA’s transformed Diamond Program. Only 0.3% of the nearly 60,000 AAA Diamond hotels and restaurants across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean have earned Five Diamond status.
BOOK YOUR STAY AT THE BOSTON HARBOR HOTEL WITH AAA.
To earn the coveted AAA Five Diamond designation, hotels and restaurants must pass a rigorous evaluation that includes unannounced, in-person inspections, anonymous overnight stays for hotels, and, finally, review by a panel of experts as an additional step to ensure credibility. All AAA Diamond Program hotels and restaurants are reevaluated annually to ensure they provide the best experience for travelers and diners.
These are the newest hotels and restaurants on the AAA Five Diamond list for 2020. Click the links below to learn more about these stunning places and begin planning your unforgettable getaway.
- Boston Harbor Hotel (Boston) – Gracious hospitality is prevalent at this luxury hotel, which merges modernity and classic decor. The guest rooms offer a supremely luxurious experience with a view of marina activity and local marine life from Boston Harbor’s Rowes Wharf.
- Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North (Scottsdale, AZ) – Well-designed landscaping seamlessly blends with the desert surroundings, allowing for striking views from the territorial-style casitas, each with a fireplace and terrace.
- Hotel Bel Air (Los Angeles, CA) – This classical establishment was brought into the 21st century with contemporary, elegant and high-quality decor. The location is the perfect backdrop in which to enjoy the meticulously manicured gardens and the lovely pond, home to graceful swans.
- Hotel Xcaret Mexico (Playa del Carmen, Mexico) – This all-inclusive resort is packed with activities, including eight theme parks, many pools, three exercise rooms and a private island. Many of the modern rooms open up to pools or the river.
- Mandarin Oriental, Canouan (Canouan, St. Vincent and the Grenadines) – This world-class property, unique for its remote location, offers just 26 large suites and 13 villas, as well as a private beach, impressive marble work throughout, and leading-edge technology enhancements.
- UNICO 20°N 87°W Hotel Riviera Maya (Akumal, Mexico) – This unique property features guest rooms with spacious balconies offering an oversize seating area and large oval-shaped hot tubs. Each guest room is assigned a local host who is tasked with ensuring that guests have a pleasurable stay to maximize their valuable vacation time.
- Ha’ (Playa del Carmen, Mexico) – Guests will discover themselves surrounded by flowing water as they enter the dining room. The ever-changing, seven-course tasting menu reflects a variety of regional influences, paired with fine Mexican wines.
- Le Baccara (Gatineau, Canada) – Nestled atop Casino du Lac-Leamy, this adults-only dining room has a bank of oversize windows, which afford views of the Ottawa skyline. Custom table settings, fine crystal stemware, an impressive art collection and distinctive service make this a favorite place for special occasions.
- Providence (Los Angeles, CA) – Prepare for a thrilling culinary adventure and for an optimum experience select the multicourse chef’s tasting menu. It changes seasonally, but count on unusual and exotic choices like local Santa Barbara sea urchin, Pacific geoduck (a large saltwater clam native to the West Coast) and Australian spanner crab.
- SingleThread Farm – Restaurant – Inn (Healdsburg, CA) – Enjoy an amazing 11-course dinner that’s expertly served using ingredients from the chef and owner’s nearby farm and artisan items from around the world. Dishes may include Santa Barbara abalone, smoked trout and braised lamb, each artfully presented.
- Smyth (Chicago, IL) – This remarkable restaurant partners with an Illinois farm to supply its creative kitchen with fresh products. Choose between three prix fixe menus, each offered with a variety of wine pairings. Every dish emerges as a work of art in both its appearance and amazing flavor.
AAA Four Diamond hotels and restaurants, which represent just 4.2% of the total, are also an exclusive group. They must be refined and stylish with upscale physical attributes, extensive amenities and a high degree of hospitality, service and attention to detail. To see the complete lists of 2020 AAA Four and Five Diamond hotels and restaurants, visit AAA.com/DiamondAwards.
Earlier this year, AAA updated its highly acclaimed AAA Diamond Program, modernized to meet the needs of today’s travelers. A new Diamond designation reflecting AAA’s professional inspector reviews using updated guidelines sets the program apart from services that rely on unverified hotel and restaurant ratings.
For more information on AAA Diamond Program and the Five Diamond list, visit AAA.com/Diamonds.