David Dhanpat is comfortable working behind the scenes. Then again, he hasn’t had much choice over the last year.
David joined AAA Northeast in April 2020, just as the pandemic forced our offices into lockdown. While his closest colleagues have yet to shake his hand, it’s a similar story professionally.
David’s technical expertise in digital marketing means he’s often a force to be reckoned with behind the scenes, focusing on a macro level of engagement, whether in email reengagement campaigns or managing the backbone of Your AAA Network.
David came to AAA Northeast from Hofstra University where, in addition to serving as director of web and digital media for six years, he was an adjunct professor of journalism, teaching coding to communication majors.
We recently sat down with David to find out a little bit more about him as we await the opportunity to meet in person.
Q: What movie or book character do you most identify with?
My wife has compared me to Obi-Wan Kenobi and my brother-in-law has compared me to Sterling Archer (“Archer” on FX). I’ll just leave it at that.
Q: What will finally break the internet?
Censorship … at least for the internet as we know it. The outliers will always find another way in the form of deep web or through AI and machine learning to create new and open platforms.
Q: What’s your dream vacation destination?
I would say sitting on a beach somewhere in the Maldives or Seychelles or going on safari in Africa.
Q: Shark diving, bungee jumping or sky diving?
Hands down shark diving, but I’m up for all three! I have already swam with nurse sharks, but I’m planning on swimming with whale sharks soon and eventually get in a cage with the great whites!
Q: What would you title your autobiography?
“A Fulfilled Life.”
Enjoy these other past profiles:
- Andrew Rosen, vice president, Brand & Content Marketing
- Dana Laverty, copy editor, Publications
- Liz Eaton, member retention counselor, Outbound Contact Center
- Damond James, senior manager, Membership Experience
- Stephanie Tomasso, business line manager, Human Resources
- Ashley Janke, project manager, Marketing Operations
- Sarah Cholewa, marketing specialist, Financial Services
- Dan Pegg, email marketing specialist, Marketing
- Kemdy Lawson, senior data analyst, Marketing
- Brooke Fairbrothers, associate marketing specialist, Insurance
- Karina De La Cruz, social listening specialist, Social Media
- Christine Spinella, business development coordinator, Sales